STATEMENT ARTS- "The World Art Project"

The World Art Project blog is a forum dedicated to helping Katrina Victims share the experience and journey of a group of Professional Actors, Singers and Performers who traveled to the Gulf Coast to help uplift the spirits of those surviors. Our hope is to provide insight, knowledge and offer way for readers to get involved and help in forms of Donations, support or expression of opinions and feelings.

Monday, December 19, 2005

A note of gratitude...


Subject: bayou tour
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:01 PM
Hi Liza. I live in Slidell, Louisiana and was affected by Hurricane Katrina. My home sustained some wind damage but by a miracle did not flood. The water was up to my doorstep.

Unfortunately, my family was not so fortunate. My father and step-mother lived only two miles from me but their house flooded and is uninhabitable. They, along with their dog, are living with me. My mother lived only about three miles from me and she lost everything. She has only a slab left. She is also living with me.

Me, my dad and my two young children were fortunate enough to see you and your World Art Project Tour here in Slidell on Friday night. I cannot even begin to tell you how much that meant to us. I had tears in my eyes several times during the performance. My children were swinging when the bus pulled up. We watched as all of you got off of the bus. When we heard you sing -- all I can say is wow! It was so uplifting, so joyful, so heartfelt and so much fun. You really had us laughing hard with the 12 Days of Christmas. It was so good to see my dad laughing while trying to remember all of the moves!

I just wanted you to know that you made a difference. All of you brought some much needed joy to a very devastated area. I hope that all of you have a great Christmas. We really appreciate what y'all did!


Slidell, Louisiana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home